Now I'm listening to...

Friday, June 06, 2008

Food for thought...

Sometimes it takes one to step out of one's current situation to see the big picture and what's really going on.

Yeah, i admit i was very narrow in my scope in terms of goals, observation and whatever else in the past, and still am right now.

But thinking things through and pondering on what i want to achieve out of my career, and my life, and also what is it that is meaningful to me in my life has sorta make me clearer. Okay, though not a lot, but still, a bit is better than nothing rite? Haha..

I suddenly also understand truly that having goals in life really give life a very meaningful purpose. And i also finally get what it means by a person with goals will be more successful than a person without. Because a person with no direction has no clear motivation to succeed either. Hmmm...

I also finally understood why my sec sch friend pf suddenly shot up to become the top scholar of my swiss, when we 2 were almost on par during sec 1 & 2. She had long term goals.. she told me she aspires to be a zoologist or a marine biologist when we were sec 1!! (That time i only think of results, that's the furthest man.)

In any case, I am really thankful for having friends around me who make me realise that, especially ahgong (who alr kan tou hong cheng long ago and taught me to see the big picture of things, tho it takes quite awhile la huh. =X). HAha! I must also thank NUS education which put me through rigorous readings of journals that i actually find non-fiction books readable for the first time (Cos i've alr gone through the worst!). And i also thank myself for choosing psychology as a major (lolx..), and being in FASS (ok, mayb tt's not much of a choice, heh.). Cos i never regretted taking it and it allows me to discover my interest in social science~

Because my first choice is actually biz, and I used to like numbers and enjoy doing accounts. Even during primary school, when the teacher asked, i told her i want to be a business woman. lol... (Cos back then i alr know i don't like being a conventional teacher, lawyer or doctor.) And still thought i'm going to be that until i entered m1 and uni, and after taking the marketing module i'm totally convinced that the business world is simply not for me. I definitely can't handle the strong competition and high levels of office politics in biz world. And for accounts and finance, suddenly they all seem boring to me. Though it is still fun and satisfying to solve maths problems and balancing accounts, i don't think i want to spend my whole life just dealing with numbers.

Am happy i finally have some direction to what i want. But how many people in this world get to do what they like as a career? Plus it's kinda little late for me to receive higher training for it since i've graduated. But then again, late is better than never rite? heh..

Wish me luck in job search!! :D

CiaoS~

PS: Hey people, can update your blogs? I'm so bored of reading the same thing lar.. haha...

No comments: