Now I'm listening to...

Saturday, October 20, 2007

The ever-changing me, myself and I

It's been a while since i last blogged..
Since today got some time, so i guess i can afford to crap a little here~ Heh...

Hmmm... think i've discovered something about myself lately...
That changing is my only constant~
I like changes~ Get sick of things easily...
In fact i never stick to something for long..
Be it style in clothes, shoes, bag, accessories, food, idols, habits and so on...
Almost everything!!

Even if sometimes i seem to stick to a particular food/habit/style, that's probably because i'm sick of changing for that period of time... And then continue changing again..

Some of my changes are the changes everyone goes through... Like changing image/styles according to the trends... As trends changes, you will notice changes in everyone's (or almost) fashion sense (like clothes, shoes, hairstyle, accessories etc etc..), tastes in movies/dramas/shows, food, idols..

Even if you are not one who follows closely to the trend, you would mostly change too~ I mean nobody would stick to the same brand and design of shirt or jeans forever right?

So everyone changes, it's just a matter of time that one changes... After all, time = changes, if no changes, then what is time??? So long as time exists, there'll be changes... lol... ok, i know it's crap here. Blame it on yt and especially ahgong who keep regularly bombarding me with such philosophical stuffs.

But anyway, i think my rate of change is faster than most people's bah. For example, clothes and shoes. I don't think i wear the same combination for more than 5 times.. mostly only once or twice. Uniforms not counted k...

Especially in my sleeping and eating habits... I don't think i have a fixed eating or sleeping habit. I can sleep at 10pm tonight, 11pm tomorrow night, 4am the next, 9 pm the following and 2am after that. Super fluctuating...

Same goes for my eating habits... I can eat breakfast at 10am today, 12noon tomorrow, 11am the next or sometimes just skip breakfast altogether. The portions for all three meals are also never the same. I can:

eat a lot for breakfast, skip lunch, eat a lot for dinner;
or skip breakfast, eat a lot for lunch and dinner;
or eat a lot for all 3 meals for a day/ or a couple of days;
or eat a little for all 3 meals for a day (never for a couple of days tho.. =X);
and so on.. basically what kinds of combi you can think of, i've tried before.. And it is always changing still...

Types of food i eat is also never constant... As long as it's within my budget, i would like and want to try every single item available~ lol... Not like some people who would prefer and only eat a certain type of cuisine (like chinese, or japanese, or western), or even a specific kind of dish only (like laksa.. yeah you know who i'm talking about...). But for me, i like anything and everything~ As long as it's nice and edible lar~ (duh!)I wouldn't mind what kind of cuisine it is or what category of food it belongs to -- shelled-seafood, fish, meats, vegetables, be it raw or cooked, cheap or expensive.. all i like! Ha! That's why buffets are the best, can try everything!!! Heh...

Due to my unfixed habits, my weight also fluctuate like siao~ There was once it was so drastic that i have lost 8 kgs within 1 month, stay roughly constant for 2-3 months, then gained (don't gasp!) 10 kilos within the next 2 months~ So within roughly half a year, my weight is like steeeep cosine curve sia~

Even till now, my weight keeps fluctuating, though not that drastically, within a 5 kg range. Like i may be X kg today; X+2 kg next week; X+3 kg the following; X+1 the next; X-2 the week after and so on.. no fixed rate~

Sighs.. looking at what i've written, sounds like i'm not leading a very healthy life sia~~ Oh man...

Or maybe it's not that i really like changes, it's just that i get sick of routines easily, and don't really like to confine myself to a fixed routine/habit/style... (No wonder i hate it when my GP tutor asked me to follow the fixed essay-writing "formula" while writing my GP essay~~)

BUT although i'm constantly changing (like a chameleon?? lol..), i don't really like changes in my surroundings.. Like for example:

When the forests and trees in bukit batok have been cleared for new houses, there would be a tinge of sadness in me. Though the new buildings looked pretty and all...i still miss and prefer the old messy forest.

When i first arrived at US, it's like spring(?), with most trees still bare, with dandelions covering the field, with flowers blooming on some trees. Then came summer, when the trees were covered with lush thick green leaves, when it was snowing dandelion seeds in the air and then gone after some time, when the flowers wiltered and were replaced with grass and leaves. All these changes made me feel sad too~~ making me long for the olden days...

When friendship changes, especially from good to bad. When friends started to know each other, everything was fun and happy. Then came problems, conflicts. Or even worse, the feeling just dies gradually and friends just drift like that.. It is often the case that i may be close to this friend for a period of time, and then became estrange after some time. I suppose this happens to most people bah~ At different stages of life, environment changes, people around you also changes, so naturally friends also changes. Though it's not a phenomenon that i would like, i've to admit that friends do come and go in life... Then i would feel sad again and reminisce about the previous friends i have and stuff... sighs...

Or when friends changes in terms of character or personality, felt that they are no longer the friend i initially know anymore... Then i would again miss their old characters that i am used to know.

When surrounding around me changes, i would also miss the past. Like i would miss my kindergarten, primary and secondary school days... i know that, in near future, i would miss my friends and my university days too... when working life starts, i can already predict my contact with my current group of friends would definitely be reduced. Just like how it is so with my kindergarten, pri, secondary, jc, and m1 friends.. Don't wanna grow up~!!!

I've always wondered why i always reminisce about the past most of the time.. Now i know. I think it's because i am quite resistant of changes in my surroundings, hate to keep up with the changes, hate the fact that what i used to know is no longer true...

Sighs... Keep changing myself but hate changes around me... Funny huh... Contradicting myself sia..










PS: Sorry for the abrupt ending... but i saw WH attacking me in CS from facebook le... disturb my mood for blogging le.. hmmm... he's gonna get it from me sia.. lolx... Ciao~~

No comments: