Now I'm listening to...

Friday, September 08, 2006

Life is full of acting...

My dad's favourite 名言s:" Life is full of acting " and " 人生如一場戲 "...

True, life is very much like a drama. Everyone puts on different masks in different situations and to different people.

One obvious example:

You bitch to your colleagues about your boss behind his back, but you changed your mask when you meet him 5 mins later. You smiled sweetly to him and say, "Good Morning, sir!"


My friend who works as a part-time telemarketer, observed that her colleagues in the company changes their facial (and perhaps vocal) masks faster than the Chinese performers do their 變臉. When they are on the phone with their customers, they talked in sweet and polite tones. Immediately once the phone touches the cradle, their face turns black immediately, all the "^%$#%@#%@%@#!$#@$" s were everywhere as they start bitching to their colleagues next to them. It's as if they were suddenly possessed by devils or something. Where have the previous sweet angels gone to? Oh not to worry...

They'll come back once the phones were back on their ears again. :)


My dad also often complains how my mum cheated him into marriage with her Great Acting Skills. How she appeared to be demure and gentle before marriage.... And the exact opposite right after. Lol... He also always say,

" 想當年....... girls queued from Bukit Batok to Toa Payoh just to date me you know..."
" I must be blind to choose your Mummy ar..."
" She must have fed me poison..."

Ya right. -_-""


Today after our lunch, KL was telling me about her incident with her annoying classmate....


KL: I love this music band!!

Annoying Person: Oh, how old!!! (nicer word for obiang)

KL: smiles sweetly.... (while cursing and swearing in her heart)





Looking Sweet and Innocent...






In our hearts...




I mentioned in my first blog that I've always admired her ability to put on a sweet and innocent mask even though it isn't what she's really thinking. She should be titled as the Master of the Mask-of-Deception man....





No matter how disgusted she's feeling at the moment...........









You can tell absolutely nothing from her facial expressions....













With Love... ^_^























Sidetrack: Omg... What's this doing in my hp???

2 comments:

averii said...

It's "Life is like a Show", if you want the direct translation...

Not "Life is full of acting" lar...

Oei... What is my picture doing in your hp?!

Oh, I remember, I was the one who took that picture... Hahahahaha...

I also act alot... Act pityful!!!

So that I can get a bite of that piece of delicious rambly burger you have in your hands...

Muwhahhahahahahahaaaa...

Summergal said...

Ok, i edit liao.. no, i din translate from there lar.. i'm just quoting from my dad. Haha!

The actual one is "life is like a drama" bah.. lol..

STill dare to say, i 4got all bout it le, till i uploading e other photos into e comp. Kena a shock sia.. Muahahahah...=X

Don't remind me can.. i still feel a pain in my chest wheneva i tot of e 3 bucks tt e stupid auntie had cheated me of... ahahhaa!!