Now I'm listening to...

Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Case of the Missing things...

For the past few weeks, i've been losing little little things...

My thumbdrive is missing...
My hairclip is missing...
My brother's laser pen is missing...


And I've Totally NO IDEA where they have gone to!!!
All i could remember was i put them in the bag but i couldn't remember whether i have taken them out after that...
But no matter how many times i checked my bag, my drawer, under my bed, my tables...

I JUST COULDN'T FIND THEM!!



The most vivid memory I could recall is the laser pen..
Scared that i would forget to bring it, i keep the pen in this pocket of my bag hours before i went out. This pocket is also where i kept my wallet.



So when i take a bus, i would unzip that pocket, take out my wallet and zap my EZ-link card... Halfway through the bus journey, i wanted to make sure that the pen is still in my bag...

AND IT'S GONE!!!!!



What the...

It must have dropped out when i took out my wallet!!




Yesterday, i finally decided to wash my bag after like a decade..

Empty out all the contents from all the pockets...

Lifted it up.. and i heard coins jingling...

Weird..

I thought i have emptied all the pockets already?

Check again...

Yes, nothing in any of the pockets...

But i can feel there's coins and other items in between the layers of the bag...

Imagination ran wild...

Could this be hidden treasure??

But then immediately remove the idea, because i remember no jingling of coins when i first bought the bag... And i don't own any treasure too... Sigh...

Then how did the things get there?

I searched the bag for hidden pockets or holes that could have allowed so many items to slip through...

None.

Couldn't be...

Try again...

Turned the whole bag inside out...

Searched every hem and every single stitch, leaving no stones unturned...



ALAS!!

There's this tiny 1-cm hole at the edge of that pocket where i put my wallet.

Out i retrieve...


Several coins...

A blue pen...

My hairclip...

My thumbdrive...

and My brother's laser pen!!!

Oh my god... I'm truly amazed that such a tiny hole of that size could actually let so many stuff slip through it!!! LoL...

To think i thought i'm such a muddlehead over these past weeks...
How could i have doubt myself in the first place???
Tsk tsk...
Haha... =X




Moral of the Story: Wash your bag more often

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tl: i had that problem too..and it amazes me.. o.O

Summergal said...

HAha! At least i'm more fortunate than you, cos in e end i still found the hole...

lolx...