Now I'm listening to...

Friday, June 26, 2009

Remember The Time Of Michael Jackson

First thing in the morning, i woke up at 6+am... " Michael Jackson has passed away. We have confirmed the pop star Michael Jackson has just passed away..." over and over again the news reporter kept saying, like a spoilt CD player.

I only slept 4 hours, and my dad had to watch Channel Newsasia so early in the morning!! :(( Secondly, one of my favourite pop singer is gone! 2 months ago, I chanced upon one of his songs and I xing xue lai chao, and read his bio on wiki and listen to all of his songs. Then later I heard that he's going to perform at concerts again, I was quite elated that he was going to chong chu jiang hu again after all these years. But as sudden as his return to the music industry, he went off just like that.

Hai... what a waste, I have always loved his songs and his dance moves, especially Moon Walk (of course). I remember when i was in my primary school days, I loved his "We Are The World" and "Heal the World". Would go write down (that time no printer) the lyrics and memorise by heart also.

Then later my parents bought his Dangerous Album, that's when i fall in love with his other titles too, like "Black or White", "Remember the Time" etc etc.. Although I don't really understand what's exactly going on in his personal life, or what he's actually thinking: bleaching himself, going for plastic surgery to look like half-freak, marrying women just because he loves children, makes his children wear veil all the time, displaying his baby by dangling him/her (i can't rem) out of the window sill, or even molesting children (still debatable tho); but his songs and dances really touches the core of my heart.

And despite all his scandals and weird behaviours, you must give him credit for his charitable heart. He donated generously and has raised millions of dollars through his foundation, and some of his songs are also for charity, appealing for a good cause. He regularly brings little children , especially the underprivilleged ones, to his theme park home as well..

In the music industry, he singly changed the pop culture on his own, invented many dance moves that are still popular even today (think moon dance, and robotic dance), no doubt the King of Pop. His songs are also so god damn popular, i think everyone must have heard most of his songs before (many rendtions of his songs by today singers), just that you might not know it's his songs. Ain't no sunshine, i just discovered today, was actually his song too!! He sang that when he was a child.



Will always remember him man.. The greatest music icon of all times.



No comments: