Now I'm listening to...

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Nightmare...

Old folks used to say that if you had a nightmare, share it with others. Then it will never come true. Hope it's true...

Lately i've been sleeping at about 2-3 am every night, finally felt too shagged yesterday.. and dozed off at 12.30pm.

I thought i can finally sleep early yesterday...

But no such luck... I woke up in the middle of the night, from a nightmare!!

The nightmare is still vivid even for now... ...

In my dream, i live in a big apartment with 2 gates... We were all planning to leave. My parents went out first through one of the gates, leaving the door unlocked. I was at the second gate, locking it and was about to leave through the first gate when a stranger rode a motorbike into my house!!! (don't ask me how come he can climb up all those stairs with his motorbike, cos i don't know. But dreams don't usually make sense anyway.. haha)

I don't think he know i was in the house when he entered, he must have thought it was empty. So i turned to run out of the gate before he discovered me! Unfortunately my sudden action caught his eye, and he chased after me, close right behind! He's holding a knife! I ran out towards the stairs (my image is that of the HDB flat's corridor and stairways) but the attacker is blocking it, so i can't possibly run past him without getting killed. It all happened so fast.

AT the same time, there's a passer-by walking between us. I grabbed him and cried for help. I still remembered him wearing a grey-black nylon windbreaker. The passer-by stood bravely in front of me to protect me. But with 1 great slash of the attacker's knife, he fell.. leaving only me to protect myself.

Slash, slash!!

I tried to defend myself while he slashed twice on my arms. No escape at all. I've been pushed against the wall.. He raised his knife once again.. I somehow know that this third slash will be the last and fatal one.

Slash!!!!







I woke up with a start. Looked at the clock beside me. 3.30am.

For a moment, i was terrified that the nightmare may come true, i went out to make sure that the doors are locked and that my family members are sleeping well. This is because this is not the first time i've dreamt of attackers, robbers, murderers chasing after me.. And the medium of my dangers don't only confine to humans, i often dreamt of cockroaches, cobras, tiger cubs trying to eat me, as well as ghosts trying to kill me too! This is all so freaking scary can!! *bite finger nails*

Why can't i dream of something nice?? Like a bundle of cash fall from the sky, or candies also can... Why can't Edison guest star in my dream for once? Sigh...

Haiz.. Anyways, in the end i didn't manage to sleep well yet again. Only slept at about 5am i think. Sheessh... when can i get back my normal sleeping pattern again?? Arrghhh.... Got black eyes and eye bags already!!! Fish..

Ok, got to turn in soon.


Tata~

7 comments:

Jelmer said...

Haha.. Go buy 4D!!

but anyway, dreams are something so hard to fathom...

When u r dreaming, inside the dream do u noe u r dreaming? FOr eg. u wan to do something daring, say slap someone or kill someone. In real life of cuz u wont, but in the dreams would u tell urself 'Hey, this is a dream, so i can go slap that incoming person and see how that feels..." Or u wont noe at all?

Haha.. so chim to understand..

Once i had a nightmare, i was being chased, i forced myself to wake up (Yes, i noe i was dreaming somehow), and I woke up lying on my bed and saw a dark figure besides me, coming close to me. I got a shock, then i woke up again!

Yes, i actually dreamt waking up from a nightnare. i.e i woke up from a nightmare, to find it is another nightmare.

Chim... Haha

averii said...

I have nightmares too...

But it usually comes true!!!

e.g: I dream about the mistakes I have made during exams, and viola, I was right...

Buwhahahhaa... Okie, maybe it wasn't a dream, maybe its my subconscious mind telling me that I have screw up my examz...

Usually my dreams are quite adventureous...

Reiya said...

I seldom have nightmares so can't share tips with you. Heh. Maybe you've been ya-yu-ing too much. Or you've been trying to avoid something (might be your tutorials) so you start dreaming of ppl/roaches/tigers chasing you?

Summergal said...

jelmer: lol.. buy 4D?? wad no.??

hmmm.. don't tink i noe i'm dreaming for this particular dream bah, if not i wouldn't hv panicked and ran away.. haha~

but when i was young, i ALWAYS noe tt i'm dreaming in my dreams. I even know that if i reach out my hands, i can feel my grandma sleeping beside me. but i can't c her and my surroundings, all i can see is my dream! so half of me is aware of my actual surroundings, the other half is still in the dream..

Weird huh? so usually i hv to wait till the 'dream image' fuzzes out to reality b4 i'm fully awake.

tt's a really scary nightmare u hv sia~ nv had tt kind b4..

averii: omg.. ur nightmares are only about exams ar?? haha! so lucky!!!

i wish i had dreams like urs too!! most of my dreams r life-threatening events, flying, falling, hving ESP, scary or sad stories.

i have some really weird ones oso, like looney tunes in a ghost hut, and a martians war or sth... haha...

reiko: think i keep having nightmares recently sia~ lol... yar, i'm alwaz running away from my schwork since like foreva... does this mean i'll continuing hving nightmares?? oh no...

if u ever come across any nightmare interpretations tt matches mine, do tell me!!! hahaha...

averii said...

Not only about exams lar...

I have adventure dreams too...

The recent one was about a War in China during old ancient times (where they still use swords and ride on horses)...

Hey, I remember I was a villager who is very good at archery!!!

Except... That I was wearing the army uniform...
-_-;
a bit clashes with the timeline...

Hahahahaha...

Reiya said...

Ya. And you've been having nightmares ever since I know you. Or was it b4 that. You don't mean you've been running away from schoolwork since then? *covers face to laugh*

Summergal said...

averii: whoa~ ur dreams sounds so fun sia... haha, as i've said, dreams always dun make sense de... lol...

reiko: haha.. ya lor.. muz be cos of u alwaz stressing me arhz! but yes, i've been hving nightmares since young, like when i was 6-7?? =( so sad case!!