Now I'm listening to...

Sunday, November 04, 2007

不能杀生...

I just realised sometimes having a Buddhist as your friend has its cons too, especially a super devoted one...

Of course like a typical Buddhist follower, this Buddhist friend of mine is nice and all, gave me great advice when i'm feeling lost, cheered me up when i'm down, lectured me like a mom with her "不能, 不行,不可以!!“ (yeah, you know who i'm talking about.. lol..) So, i think it's great to have a Buddhist as my friend.

But as i said, sometimes it has its drawbacks too... Especially one like this dear friend of mine..

As you know, there's this prominent ”不能杀生“ rule which Buddhist strictly followed regardless of whatever circumstances right... But i never knew that the "生" actually generalises to all kinds of living things...

including mosquitoes.

We were sitting at this ulu place somewhere in between the new SoC building and arts building. After a while, I got bitten by those irritating mosquitoes. By the 6th bite, i couldn't stand it.


Complained to her, "Walao.. those irritating mosquitoes!! 6 bites liao!!!! I'm gonna kill them when i see them!!!"

She replied,"Yl, 不能杀生.. Just brush them away, don't kill them..."

Me,"Huh!! But they bite me leh!!! I gave them so many chances le, but they still chose to BITE me!!!!"

Her, eyes never leaving her laptop and replied in an irritatingly calm tone,
"Bite a few times, it's ok one.. Don't kill them.."



-_-!!! To think that my suffering is nothing compared to this stupid mosquito's life~~!!! *Faints!!!*





A little while later, i caught that pesky little thing red-handed, happily sucking my blood off my lap. With a swift swipe of my hand, it went to heaven immediately.. what's left, is only a patch of blood on my leg, my blood.

I gave a smug face, and commented, "Hah! Finally gone!!"


"YL..."

She saw that, and gave me that look of great horror and shock that i couldn't miss...

Her friend, also a Buddhist, too gave me a sad but polite smile...


As clear as day, I'm seen as one who has done something evil, someone who has just sinned terribly.

Later she suggested to move because it's really warm and stuffy there, to somewhere cooler with air-con. But the real reason i think is because she wanted to prevent me from taking more innocent lives. =S


In fact, I think i just did a great service to mankind lor~ I just prevented a mosquito from multiplying and preying on even more unfortunate victims like me sia~ What's more, with less of these pests, the campus would become a better studying environment ya, don't you think so???? All the students should be grateful for me man~~ Ha... ok, stretching a little over there.. But ya, i don't see any wrong about it lo~



Yeah, but i think to her, one shouldn't kill a mosquito, even if it sucks your blood dry sia~ Haha... Hmmm... Then it left me thinking, what if a tiger, or a poisonous snake tries to attack her??? Would she still stick to her principle??


Hmmm....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your buddhist friend sound like someone i know also. haha

Yun

averii said...

Hohoho...

I think when you started saying:

"having a Buddhist as your friend has its cons too, especially a super devoted one"


I already know who you are talking about...

Cos I don't think you (and me =p) will have any other Buddhist friend which is THAT devoted...


Maybe if she kena dengue, she'll have second thoughts about sparing the life of that menace to society...

Summergal said...

yun:

hahaha..
*winks*

averii:

lolx... m i reli tt obvious??? HAhaha.. yeah lo, or maybe even then she'll blame it on her karma or sth... nv the little pests' fault..

FAint!