Now I'm listening to...

Monday, August 07, 2006

Blur.. not unfriendly..

Think i must be super blur or what.. Haiz.. Kept making stupid making silly and awkward situations all the time..

Like yesterday night, i was walking jaywalking on my way home, was looking out for cars while i was walking across the road. At the same time i was looking past someone in that direction. Out of the corner of my eye, i can tell he's looking at my direction too. And i thought, he must have thought i'm looking at him.. ( that happens to me all the time, i'm actually looking something behind someone, that someone will keep looking at me cos he/she thinks i'm looking at them. ) So i continued to look past him, hoping that he will get the message i'm not looking at him.

He walked in front of me. Suddenly i found him quite familiar, he seemed to be one of my project mates in my past sem.. I continued to walk behind him and observe. When we reached the interchange, he finally turned around. His features look like my project mate, but he didn't say hi or anything plus it's dark at that time and i can't see clearly so i cannot confirm it's him. So.. i just do what i always do.. pretend i never see him, or don't know him..

If he's my project mate, no wonder he's looking my direction when i'm crossing the road.. Because he must have found me familiar too.. And i must have looked as if i don't know him at all. Haiz... No wonder people who are not very close to me often think i'm dao (unfriendly) or something. But it's probably only because i'm not too observant most of the time!! Or because i can't see clearly and therefore can't confirm.


Not the first time such incidents have happened to me. Often when i'm meeting my friend or relative at shopping malls, i'll just walked past them even if i'm only a metre away from them!! There was once i even changed my direction to avoid bumping into the person in front of me. And that person is my friend whom i'm planning to meet!! HaiX...


There's another incident also.. I saw my friend, who's supposed to go to poly, at NUS. I went over and asked her why she's here. But she didn't respond, so i raised my voice and called her again. She looked at me and asked her friend, "Is she talking to me?" Upon closer look, she's not my friend at all. Oops..

And then once, i'm meeting ZW and HY at the bus stop to go hiking. When i arrived, there's only a lady at the bus stop. She looked roughly like ZW, but i can't be sure because she's not wearing her specs for the first time plus my eyesight not very perfect and i don't want to 認錯人 (again..).

So (according to ZW later), i sneaked many looks at her discreetly (?) and for a long time... before she said, "Yiling, you 認不出我嗎?" Haix.......

Why why why??? Why such silly incidents always happen to me?? =(

Think i better wish for a sharper brain and better eyesight this December..

No comments: