Now I'm listening to...

Thursday, August 31, 2006

1st Social Tutorial

Today i'm feeling sian again.. I just had my long-dreaded social psych tutorial just now... As expected, we need to have multiple group discussions in every tutorials. And i ABSOLUTELY hate group discussions and presentations. Perhaps it's because i seldom speak in English ever since my secondary school years. (At least in my primary school days, i spoke in Singlish.) Now i can't even piece a sentence together in English verbally. Will get tongue-tied whenever i try to. =(

So for the tutorial, I fumbled and stumbled throughout my whole presentation that the other 4 people were like staring at me, making no sense of what i've just said. Actually i don't understand what i'm saying myself either. Haiz... REally FelT like digging a hole and bury myself in it.... :-'(

So unlike my other tutorials so far, I finally realise this one really needs ample preparation before we go for the tutorial. That equals cannot slack... =(

But there are some events before the tutorial that made me unprepared for the tutorials... So cannot blame me totally leh.. hehe...



The day earlier on goes like this:

I had actually wanted to study my readings for the tutorial during my 1-hour break after lunch. So planned to go Central library with my friend to mug them.

Because i still want to live a few more years, I cannot reveal her name here and shall call her Kawaii (only because she likes cute stuff =X).

But unfortunately we met our junior on the way. The moment Miss Kawaii saw her, she squealed so excitedly as if she had not met her junior for the last 10 years!! Then they started to chat happily for the next 20 minutes.

After what seemed like a century, they finally paused to find a bench to continue their chat (the 3 of us were standing all the while before that). Good! With a proper sitting bench and a table, i can finally start concentrating on my readings!!! =D

or so i thought..................................................






Throughout the last 25 mins of my break, I tried very hard to concentrate on what i'm reading. But i tell you, it's almost MISSION IMPOSSIBLE....

What with the ear-splitting "WAHAHAHA"s and the "Hiak, hiak, hiak"s in every 30 seconds or so, you will need much more than sheer concentration and determination just to finish 1 page of the book... ...











Yes, you need ear plugs as well!!

HAHAHA!!!



Ok, anyway it was before long that i sucuumbed to joining them in their conversation, and that's how i never got to prepare for my tutorial.. heh..



Later in our tutorial room, our tutor instructed us to form into groups and get to know each other. Then, we were told to do the ever hateful self-introduction to the class. And because almost all of us are Year 2, Psych majors, you can no longer use the template I'm Blah blah, Year X in Y Faculty, majoring in Z.

So when it's my turn, i have absolutely nothing to say... So i just tried to push my luck,

Me: "I'm YL, Year 2, Psych major."



Apparently, Luck is not on my side....

Tutor: "Is there anything new that you wanna tell us about yourself?"



After pondering for a while...





"I live in Bt Batok."




Why the whole class burst with laughter, i really don't know.....

No comments: