Now I'm listening to...

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Friday the 11th

Perhaps Heaven or whoever up there miscalculated and assigned Friday the 11th to be my Bad Luck Day instead of Friday the 13th..

Plans: To meet mf and wl at 11am to eat mac breakfast at bugis, then go meet the rest of the g8ngst8rs at 5+ to 6pm at marina square.

10am: I can't find my keys!!!

10.20am: I realised i left my house keys in my dad's car!! My dad has left for work long ago. Without my keys, i can't lock my house after i leave. And i can't possibly go out with my house unlocked. So... i realised i'm stuck in the house!!! @#%#@!

10.50am: Thanks to many years of watching dramas with burglars breaking into houses, I finally thought of a similar way to lock the front door without keys!!! That proves that the tele does help you in your daily lives people.. heh...(uh uh... method i won't disclose, lest some of you should use this to break into mine..)

11am: I must say, I’m quite proud of my little ingenious trick that just saved me a whole lot of trouble. haha! looks like heaven is on my side!! I grabbed my stuff, dumped it in my bag and then went out.

That very moment i locked my front door, i felt something amiss. I reached in my bag to confirm my suspicions...








My wallet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I’ve remembered to bring everything… digicam, water bottle, jacket, umbrella….. Everything, except my wallet!!!!!!!!!!!! And I’ve just locked myself outside!!!!! DARN!!!!!!!!

I felt so sick immediately… I checked my bag frantically, hoping I have left some money in the bag.

Alas!!!! I came up with a grand total of …





40 cents.


Fish!!

This would mean that I could not afford that night’s expenses. In fact, I couldn’t even afford a single bus trip to anywhere!!! Arrrggghhhh…!!! Once again, I’m stuck!!! #%^@$#@%%@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no money, I can’t go anywhere. Parents at work, mf and wl already at bugis. I can only wait till 5pm when my brother comes home before I can go anywhere. No way am I going to do that!! I decided to get to the interchange first before I planned on what to do next.

On my way there, I came up with several options.

1) Call mf to meet me at the station near my house to lend me money.
But she had already reached AMK and was quite reluctant to turn back.

2) Take a cab to lavender to borrow money from my mom during her lunch time.
The cab fare would be too expensive and it’s pretty weird to ask the cabby to wait while I go look for my mom for money.

3) Look for money on the ground.
No such luck!! =(

4) Beg
I’m wearing an expensive top right then, don’t look convincing enough to be a beggar.. haix..

In the end, after pondering for quite some time, I thought of a better idea. To go to the bank to apply a new ATM card! It just so happens that I have my passport with me. Phew!

There was a long queue at the bank. I waited for 1 ½ hours for my turn. When it’s finally my turn, my mom called me to tell me my dad rushed home to lock the door and found it locked (I called mom when I realized my keys were in dad’s car. So my mom still thought I left the house unlocked.). Since my dad’s home, I can just go home to collect my wallet!!! Immediately I called him, and found that he’s already at bukit timah. I told him of my situation and pleaded him to make a U turn. Luckily he did, and I realized at that point of time, that my dad can actually be a quite a nice person. Hah…

I finally got my wallet… and my keys too!!! A final ending to all my bad luck, I thought. But little did I know that there’s still more at the end of the day….

The whole morning is pretty much gone just like that and by the time I reached there, it’s already 1.30pm. But the rest of the day went smoothly though.

Mf, wl and I went shopping at bugis village and bugis junction till 6pm before we went to marina square to meet the rest of the gang.

There’s fireworks display on that day, so marina square was pretty crowded by the time we got there. We went to kbox there to book a room. The receptionist told us we can only have the room till 10pm and it’s already 7.15pm at that time. -_-“” Without much other choice, (as there are no other places where we can have fun together and accommodate all 7 of us) we settled for that room and took their buffet dinner too.

I advise you... NEVER to go to marina square kbox when it’s crowded. They interrupted us every half an hour to clear our plates and glasses for the first 2 hours. At the last half an hour, they came into room for like every 5 to 10 mins to settle bill payment, to clear our 1 or 2 plates… And for the last 10 mins, they were practically chasing us out to serve their new customers. Even mf is quite pissed with them…

And I’m dealt with a great blow during our kbox session… My beloved Edison actually made out with Jolin for one of her MTVs!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh……!!!!!!!!!! *sounds of heart being shattered*
Why must he do that in front of me?!!!
And why…….why must he go dye his hair to that ugly colour???!!!!! His previous jet black hair is xo cool… and now…. he looks like orang utan!! HAiZ…

The bill amounted to 31 bucks for each person!! Just for 3 measly hours!! Luckily i ate quite a lot of salmon sashimis, so that balanced off the injustice there. =D

Despite all the above tragedies, we had generally a fun time taking photos, recording videos and doing silly dances at kbox. Hahaha… will post when I received them…

After kbox session, we went over to a pub near fullerton hotel. This is our first time to pubs, so naturally we were pretty excited about it. And we.took.photos again… haha! Under the influence of the 浪漫手机 mtv (and also with nothing better to do), hy, wei and jx played an sms game. In the video, a girl (schemingly) smsed Jay Chou by mistake. They got to know each other from there and fall in love in the end. Apparently these 3 bo liao and despo optimistic girls wanted to try their luck in finding The One by following the girl in the MV. Of course I, being the very rational and mature person, did not follow suit. Oh…err… did I mention that my handphone was out of batt?? =X

Ok so fast forward… the taxi fare cost a whopping 50.10 bucks (even though the cabby promised us that it DEFINITELY wouldn’t exceed 50) , and I reached home at about 5 am because I’m the last to alight.

My mom woke up in time to see me getting ready to sleep. Got a earful from her… and another from my dad the next morning… as well as an 11pm curfew from then onwards… Man… Think I can’t stay out late in the near future anymore… =(

2 comments:

averii said...

Boy, am I glad that I'm stuck in camp on that day...

Buwhahahahahahhahaaaaa...
You Are So Damn Suay!!!

But I want go Pub too!!!

Gah!!!

Summergal said...

Haha! U should come mah.. Den i wun hv to go home alone in the cab le.. N i'm probly not e last oso.. hehe...

U noe wad??!!! Hy had Sex On the Beach that day!!! In front of us somemore! SO daring siA!! =X